When hangouts debuted a few years ago, they were mostly glitchy and unreliable. They can still be glitchy – the frame freezing or sound disappearing – but those moments are relatively rare. What hangouts deliver is an opportunity to see and hear the other person. I’ve taken to promoting and archiving candid and unscripted conversations with colleagues around the world to unpack recent events, preview upcoming conferences and generally have a pleasant chat about common interests.
The following hangouts recorded in July and August explored the breadth and depth of conscious, responsible, ecotourism. We chatted with local activists in Nevada protecting wilderness, cultural tourism entrepreneurs in Australia, Costa Rica, Greece, Ireland and Romania. We celebrated the final days of a world famous craft store in Oaxaca City, Mexico. We celebrated Indigenous Peoples Week and continued the conversation about Local Responsible Travel in the USA.
Have a look and listen at our most recent hangouts
- Mesoamerican Regional Forum Preview
- August 21 #LocalTravelUSA Hangout: Wild about Nevada
- Celebrando la Historia de la Jarcieria El Arte Oaxaqueño #OaxacaToday
- August 10 Introducing Planet People Peace and the Global Ecotourism Network
- Indigenous Peoples Week Hangout (Tuesday in Vegas/Wednesday in Adelaide)
- Indigenous Peoples Week Hangout (Monday/Tuesday)
- Monday, July 27 Global Travel and Learning Hangout #PlanetaTalks
- Monday, July 13 Global Travel and Learning Hangout #PlanetaTalks
- Responsible Local Travel in the USA (July 10)
You can follow our friends on Twitter:
@friendsofnvwild @goldbutte @Sloancanyonf @BookabeeYura @travindy @reallifepr0ject @martinhatchuel @VisitSheepsHead @GetLocalFlavor @GlennJampol @roadup @travelpono @nuttisamisiida