Passionate about Responsible Travel and Food? So are we in Week 2 of Local Travel in the USA.
Join a lively discussion of all things related to responsible local travel in the USA. Free participation! Here’s the direct link to the Google+ event page.
A shoutout to all of the farmers markets, community gardens, locally owned restaurants and diners, popup fruit stands and food trucks. Thanks to everyone producing and making such delicious food. We applaud the eco-friendly, biodiversity conservation-minded initiatives across the country. Cheers!
The conversation is just beginning.
- How is food tourism an active part of the responsible, local travel movement in the USA?
- What is the status of agritourism in the USA?
- In relation to travel and tourism, how can locals make the most of the sharing economy?
- Can the sharing economy be responsible?
- What are good examples of food tourism events and networking in the USA?
- Examples of innovations that support local food and small businesses?
- Is the food tourism sector integrating with other sectors?
Hangout: Friday, May 15 1-2pm Eastern, 12-1pm Central, 11am-12pm Mountain, 10-11am Pacific, 7-8am Hawaii
1) Andrew DuFresne, http://www.grapediscoverycenter.com – agricultural heritage designation, discovery center, tourism + food = small-biz start ups, wineries, biking tours, farm markets
3) Megan Larmer, Slow Food USA – Local Foods App