Our view: NetHui sets the benchmark for engaging, inclusive, livestreaming events, particularly amenable to remote participants.
NetHui brings together a variety of players – aka stakeholders – working at the forefront and just curious about – the Internet and how digital communication can be used to improve the quality of life in New Zealand. Keynotes inspire and breakout sessions unleash gems of wisdom from the participants.
While NetHui does not explicitly focus on travel and tourism, we see this event as a good example for business conferences. We would love to see more local tourism reps attend NetHui or copy NetHui methodology in their own events. Perhaps there might be a way to collaboratively develop ideas about Collaboration in NZ Travel and Tourism.
What we’d love to see
• Live editing of transcripts using Google docs has been amazing. Please do this again!
• We’d love to see participants take us out into the streets of Auckland. Last year’s NetHui launched the Facebook campaign for Worldwide Wellington Week)
• More Maori connections! Thanks to NetHui we’ve learned about TangataWhenua and Hika Lite.
• Coverage of NZ tourism and conservation. While we understand that the event is focused on internet/computer policy, our ears perk up when you show how the travel and nature sectors in NZ are taking to the open web.
• Google+ hangouts. It would be great to get some of the participants and speakers together after the hui for a #NetHui hangout?