Everyone loves Buzzword Bingo!
- Carrotmob – An event where people support an environmentally-friendly store by gathering en masse to purchase the store’s products.
- Gameification – The idea of turning an otherwise mundane process into a game, to give people more of an incentive to do it
- Geolocation – Technological process of determining the real geographical location of an Internet user
- Hyperlocal – Using Web 2.0 to focus on a small area
- Livestreaming – Streaming media are multimedia that are constantly received by, and normally presented to, an end-user while being delivered by a streaming provider
- Acompanamiento – The action of accompanying someone (Spanish)
- Eyjafjallajökull (AYE-yah Fyat-lah Yir-kutl) – Volcano in Iceland
- Guelaguetza – Reciprocal gifts, also the corn tortilla from the Zapotec farm (Oaxaca, Mexico)
- Manaakitanga – Respect for hosts and kindness to guests (Maori)
- Vuvuzela – Stadium horn (South Africa)
- Empathy – Being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another
- Hype – Promotion or advertisement; especially, exaggerated claims.
- One Room Schoolhouse – In most rural and small town schools, all of the students met in a single room. There, a single teacher taught academic basics to several grade levels of elementary-age children
- Playbook – Instruction book, a book of plays put together by a coaching staff
- Resilience – positive capacity of people to cope with stress and catastrophe.
- Biophany – Aural niches that different species have assumed in order to be heard in the overall soundscape of a given ecosystem
- Nonsultation – A specious public consultation on decisions that have already been made.
- Solastalgia – Distress or melancholy caused by a significant change to one’s local environment.
- Unconference – Facilitated, participant-driven conference centered on a particular theme
- Mirror neuron – A neuron that fires both when an animal (including humans) acts and when the animal observes the same action performed by another.
- Buzzword Bingo – Game where participants fill out bingo cards with buzzwords and tick them off when they are mentioned during an event.
- Conscientious Tourism – Traveling with one’s conscience and connecting with others in a particular place.
- Foamboard – Inexpensive and portable information sign
- Lingo Sticks – Popsicle sticks used to demonstrate how a wiki works without electricity
- Photosafari – Free, public event in which people are invited to take photos in a public space and share them online in a collaborative group